almost 7 years ago
The submission deadline for the NYC Schools Gap App Challenge is fast approaching—submissions must be entered by Wednesday, April 10 at 5 p.m. EDT.
Keep the eligibility criteria in mind as you put together your submission. We’ve summarized them for you below, but please double check the Official Rules before you click the “Submit for Review” button.
Who can participate
- Individuals who are at least 13 years old and legal residents of the U.S.
- Teams of individuals (where all team members are at least 13 years old and legal residents of the U.S.)
- Organizations that are legally incorporated in the U.S. and employ no more than 100 employees
Apps must run on one of the following platforms:
- Windows or Mac desktop computer
- Web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari)
Before you enter, make sure your product fits into one of the two eligible categories. Please note: you may only designate one category per app.
Instructional apps must be math-focused and do at least one of the following:
- Teach math students individually or help them practice their skills
- Help educators deliver math content or lessons to students
- Assist math educators with professional development
Engagement apps do not need to be math-focused, but must do at least one of the following:
- Enhance collaboration amongst educators
- Enhance classroom communication and management
- Enhance communication between the classroom and the student’s home
As always, if you have any questions about the challenge, please shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Gap App” in the subject line.