about 8 years ago
The deadline for the NYC Schools Gap App Challenge is in one week — submissions must be entered by April 10 at 5 p.m. EDT!
Below is a handy checklist to help you wrap up your submission. Make sure you can answer “yes” to each of these questions before hitting the submit button.
- Did you confirm that your app fits into one of the official categories?
- Did you confirm that your app runs on one of the accepted platforms?
- If you’re submitting an iPad or Mac/Windows desktop app, did you upload the appropriate installation file?
- If you’re submitting a web or mobile web app, did you include a link to a website where your product can be accessed for free?
- Did you include detailed, step-by-step testing instructions? Did you write them in layman's terms?
- Did you include a link to your video on YouTube or Vimeo? Does it walk through your app and describe its features? For some helpful tips on what to include, refer to our guide on how to make a great submission video.
- Do you own the rights to all parts of your submission or follow the licensing requirements for any parts you do not own?
- Did you describe your app’s functionality in your text description?
- Have you included at least one image or screenshot of your app?
- Did you choose your submitter type (individual, team or organization)?
- Did you read through the eligibility summary and Official Rules one last time?
We’re here to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions about the challenge, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Gap App” in the subject line.
Happy coding! You're almost finished!